Thursday, October 25, 2007

Where Am I Today

One of the many jobs I have fulfilled in real estate is with the Ohio Real Estate Investors Association. I have put 50-60 vendors in their annual Conference and Expo for the last approximately 10 years as the Vendor Chair for OREIA. It's always been a good show, vendors and speakers.

I've been the President of the organization for 3 years as well. I got the OREIA PAC and Legislative Committee finally approved by the board so we as real estate investors could actually fight bad legislation in the State of Ohio. The PAC has been very successful at stop bad legislation and saving investor tens of thousands of dollars in tax dollars that legislators wanted to charge investors. Ya!

I am up here this week end again for the 2007 Convention and Expo. It promises lots of Great speakers, Peter Conti, and more with how to make it big in real estate right now. I believe short sales is the way, but you know there are many ways to make money in any economy, no matter how many banks are going out of business. You just have to be flexible and open to new ideas.

I'm still working on my short sales and more of them! On the drive from Cincinnati to Columbus yesterday, I stopped in a little berg at their court house to try to get delinquent taxes reduced on a burn out property that the taxes are more than I want to pay for the house. It's a burn out with tear down orders. The bank wan'ts 9-12K NET and the taxes themselves are $10K. The first 2 people I talked to all stated the foreclosure laws and that the taxes get paid first, they must get their money for the schools, hospitals ya ya ya. Don't you understand that you won't get anything if the 6-family gets town down and no one buys it? It's policy.

So I went to see the Proscuter. Don't ask me why. If that person was reasonable, I didn't care. And I changed my beginning point. "I want to pass all the burecuraty" I understand the foreclosure laws. I understand how and when the taxes get paid. However, If we don't buy it and it gets torn down, and the bank stops the foreclosure, and the owner can't pay the taxes you get nothing. Not even the 1/2 I am offering. Can't we go around the buracuracy (not law) and do something different that will still benefit both of us?

It is all in the words you use. The building is 6 blocks from the Prosecuor's office. She will be driving by and checking it out. For the first stage and the first definite "nos", I'm excited this actually might go somewhere.

For more unique negotiating ideas and tips you must have the home study course brought to you by the Short Sale Queen. We still buy and work short sales and fit in the miscellaneous events in our spare time.

Deb


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home