Monday, October 20, 2008

Issue 5 for Ohioans Financial Freedom thru Choice

Dear Ohioans:
(Everbody else, this could be coming to your state next!)

Have you read, I mean really read, Issue 5 to be on the ballot in Ohio on November 4th?

Here we are real estate investors, trying to find buyers, realizing credit is tightening, trying to keep the government out of our business and Issue 5 wants the State level to keep track of borrowers of short term loans, ss#, and the number of short term loans we get per year. Next it could be long term loans.

The Government, the politicians, the law makers just keep chipping away at our ability to make our own decisions and chipping away at our rights. It will only stop when we let them roll over us.

I have always told my tenants to not use "rent a centers". They will pay much more for a stove, refrigerator, washer or dryer than they would ever pay for it in a store or on a credit card. This is another option of free enterprise and charging more for a service than necessary. But people need the commodity they sell. And they do have a choice. And isn't that what American has always been about? Capitalism and choices?

And now they want to pass a law allowing us to limit our use of check cashing stores. What happened to capitalism? Free enterprise? Isn't it the right of the people to make a decision? Good or Bad? And then pay the consciences? (Ya, I know. Then there was the Bail Out)

Education is good. Manditory education on a financial literacy course is a little different. Why don't they teach this in schools?
  • How to balance your check book.
  • How to create a budget
  • How to stick to that budget.
  • How income should be MORE than expenses.

I'm voting NO on Issue 5. I want to:

  1. Keep my personal information out of yet another Government database
  2. Make my own financial decisions
  3. Protect good paying jobs with benefits (voting Yes will put 6000 neighbors out of work)
  4. keep 1600 lenders with jobs
  5. Preserve my choice of lending options

Read BEFORE you vote!

http://www.ohioans4financialfreedom.com/

Deb This is an unpaid political comment McMillan

The Short Sale Queen

PS The elections will be over soon and my new membership site will be up. Hang in there. I'll be back to website updates, short sales and changes in the market place soon!

Did I mention I've closed 3 short sale deals in the last 2 weeks? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home